8 Questions to Ask Your Roofer When You Have an Insurance Claim 31st August, 2017
If your roof suffered damage that may be covered by insurance, a roofing company can be your greatest advocate in getting the best repair or replacement your policy will cover. Before you hire a roofer, here are some questions you can ask to help ensure they will be in your corner every step of the way.
- Will your roofer do an independent damage assessment, compare it to your insurance company’s assessment, and discuss any discrepancies with your adjuster?
- Will your roofer spot any line items in your estimate which are undervalued and advocate to get them increased to fair market value so you get the best repair or replacement your policy covers?
- Will your roofer show you the options for materials, colors, styles, and textures, and help you make a selection.
- Will your roofer obtain all necessary permits?
- Will your roofer assign a project manager to oversee your job and answer any questions you may have?
- Will your project manager walk you through a final inspection to ensure your complete satisfaction?
- Will your roofer invoice your insurance company?
- Will your roofer send you a workmanship warranty, manufacturers’ warranties, and if applicable, an insurance discount form?
Horn Brother’s Roofing pledges to do all of these things. Call Horn Brother’s Roofing for a free estimate. 1-888-328-6956